Our investment philosophy is based on Nobel prize-winning research. We believe that markets work, and that investors benefit from harnessing the power of markets over the long-term, not fighting against them.
We don’t. . .
- Time the market,
- Pick individual stocks or bonds,
- Predict market tops or bottoms,
- Make or follow market predictions,
- React to economic forecasts,
- Day trade / trade frequently,
- Chase performance,
- Use complex or “black box” investments,
- Recommend hedge funds or alternatives, or
- Use expensive investments.
We do. . .
- Provide independent and objective investment advice,
- Help you exhibit ideal investor behavior,
- Help you identify investment opportunities and avoid mistakes,
- Focus on controlling what we can control with our investments,
- Practice evidence-based investing,
- Follow transparent investment strategies,
- Target specific asset classes to balance portfolio risk and return,
- Select tax-efficient holdings when appropriate,
- Keep turnover low in taxable investment accounts,
- Keep investment costs low,
- Use index and passively-managed investments, and
- Use the same investments for ourselves that we recommend to you.
We are proud to be part of a select group of advisors approved to use investments from Dimensional Fund Advisors. You can learn more about Dimensional here.